Important Brown Dog Studio Tidbits

Saturday, March 21, 2020

adjusting to the unexpected


Well...if you read my last blog post, received the March edition of studio's email, talked to me at Winterfest, or even as recently as last weekend's studio Grand Re-opening...you know I had plans for the studio after our move and last year's slow down for move. BIG plans...more shows for 2020...mini-trunk shows...classes in the studio...art shows...oooh boy! 

You had plans, too...work goals, family gatherings, deck parties with friends, travel, school and recreation events, graduations and other BIG life events...all part of our wonderfully normal lives and things we tend to take for granted. 

I postponed last Saturday's portion of the Trunk Show due to weather (slick, steep driveway), even knowing deep down, that rescheduling for TODAY might not be possible. And now, our plans have changed...

There's a restlessness and unknown, a hopefulness laced with worry (that we're trying not to voice too much...) as we adjust to a new normal that has no definite timeline (and apparently requires 5x our normal quota of toilet paper). More time online, replacing work and social interaction, education and entertainment. Nonstop (mostly in a good way) family time is getting inventive and I LOVE seeing everyone's sweet, unexpected, HONEST, humorous and touchingly human reflections and revelations...seriously just a week into our common new (temporary) normal. So much positive coming out of this! In your home, in mine!

 Adjusting...having more family (and resulting bikes in my path to the studio), social media distractions, logistics all interfered with studio creativity and productivity.


I spent a lot of the week organizing, sorting and planning (I'm stuck in that mode, guess I haven't made that much progress lol)...

  • In anticipation of some new studio venues and designs, one goal was to declutter my inventory and set-up...BAM...let's get started!
  • Remember me, so adamant about closing down the studio drop box...well, I guess I have to laugh...let's figure out a way to make it work for now! (you WILL have to be on the studio email list in order to use the dropbox. I need to stay firm on that requirement). I will continue to ship as well. Shopping in the studio is on hold until recommendations change.
  • Watch studio's FB and Instagram accounts for when I add new designs and sale pieces (as I continue to thin out older styles) to my website. Inquiries about the items are fine, but transactions will be on the website.
  • Plans for Junk Jubilee (end of April) and Junkstock (May) are both tentatively on hold...Both venues will likely be postponed...for all of our sakes!
  • April's email edition will announce the March winner of studio email drawing!
I hope you'll understand that I realize there are so many other things to consider at the moment...things that are bigger than my little world...
but I wish you health, a peaceful heart and lots of love in your life today!
Sarah 




No comments:

Post a Comment