Important Brown Dog Studio Tidbits

Friday, April 10, 2020

getting "up and running"



If I've learned anything over the past three weeks, it's that a willingness to adapt and the realization  that everyone else's gameplay is also penciled in GOES A LONG WAY.

I've organized and made lists and timelines...set the lists aside...worked on orders...lost myself in some GORGEOUS new work that I'm not sure how or when to roll out right now...stopped in the middle of the day to participate in online Mass or devotions...gotten crafty with non-studio work...gone all starry-dreamy-eyed over some more awesome gems that are currently sitting atop sketches of designs I have planned...engaged in much-needed online talk-time with other artists/creatives...bought more gemstones and silver (ha!)



But I haven't put anything new on the website. And I haven't followed through with the studio goals I planned to implement, even the goals I made last month once I knew my previous goals had to go out the window...I have zero idea about when there will be shows on the studio's horizon...next week is the application deadline of several of my shows for the fall/holiday season...

Here's what I KNOW... uncertainty hasn't left me uninspired...On fire to create, explore, re-invent in my studio...there's no lack of new pieces or photos (I've been posting some...thanks for your encouragement and response!)...and without the constraints of planned shows and deadlines, I have days that I go into the studio ALL BUSINESS and lists and end the day gazing at some lovely new rings, sketches or slap on a bandage to cover a new cut or burn, leaving behind the messiest of messy workbenches (and mine's a doozy...over 15 ft long!)...

I don't want to make promises I won't necessarily be able to keep, so I won't put out longterm studio goals today...but here's what I HOPE to do short term...

  • April studio email next week (this week, leading up to Easter didn't seem right...) will announce the March give-away winner, randomly chosen from email subscribers. I will also preview some of my new designs and a hopeful timeline for additions and changes to website. 
  • A very large selection of SALE bronze, copper, aluminum add-on charms will head to website next week. Previously on little cards and priced from $8-$20+, they will all be marked $5 on the website. 
  • A VERY large selection of ready-made STERLING SILVER charms will head over to the website. Originally $12-$25+, these will be marked at SALE prices, to be determined.
(aluminum charms...these will be $5 each on website, bronze and copper too!)

In my creative bubble over here, I am happy to hear from you...loving comments here or on my other studio spots...until we see each other and I can talk your ears off and hear all about what's been going on with YOU! Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment