Important Brown Dog Studio Tidbits

Monday, March 9, 2020

grand re-opening!

I'm excited...getting ready to open up the new studio for its first show THIS WEEKEND!

I sense that this means sharing even more of myself as an artist than I have in the past...and that's saying a lot!...because this space is going to be ME. I've been reflecting these past few months about what it means to create ART and how very personal it is...

 

We started with dirt...Todd and I watched this process from the beginning, making decisions along the way about our new home...but choosing how to put together my workspace was a HUGE part of this build. After 9 months, I'm back onsite creating. It's wonderful to be back in my own space, and the year of cleaning out my old studio, moving to a rental space, using a small single desk for every aspect of my work, and then moving it ALL into my new space helps me to appreciate it even more!

I'll still be traveling to away shows, but I plan to hold most of my trunk shows HERE...

While I'm super-happy to open up this space to studio friends, there are some changes that I need to make to help respect the time I need for keeping up with my workload/family/creative time in the studio...

  • Invitations to Studio Trunk Shows will ONLY come via email...I know I've said this in the past, but I always end up answering oodles of messages right before the show and urgent requests for my address during the show. There are good reasons for the emails...Obviously I don't want my address made public on social media (although you are ALWAYS welcome to bring a friend along...you don't have to ask!)...if there's a reason I would have to cancel or change the show, I would be able to reach everyone...

A special perk for my email subscribers...there will be monthly give-aways or special viewings, JUST for YOU! 

  • I am discontinuing the studio drop box/pick up and won't be offering ANY non-show time pick ups or meeting for private consultations. I could give SO many reasons for this change, but I'll just mention a few right now...I'm in a new construction area so there's no way for me to secure a drop box. Plus, the number of times my doorbell rings with people who have a question about their order or husbands who didn't listen to you and take the wrong thing out of the box and still ring the doorbell... I know it doesn't seem like much for one person to swing by my studio to pick something up or visit about an order, but each interruption during my day means I just don't finish what I want/need to get done or my time creating...(I won't even mention the people who come by at bedtime...just so they're sure I'll be there...whoops...I just went there!).
So...2 fixes for this! First...ordering online and having me ship, easy-peasy!

Second...my favorite!...Trunk Shows should end up being about once every 2 months...and...wait for it...I will be adding mini-shows in months that I don't have a trunk show. I see these as maybe 3-4 hour events, NOT fully set up shows, but you can pick up items...put in a special request in advance...CONSULT TIME for special orders AND small set up for shopping! I hope you all realize how much I LOVE having my Studio Trunk Shows!!! ssshhh...you might even get to see what's on my workbench!

  • Classes...having this space means that I will be able to teach on-site! More to come about this!

I'm talked out...but sharing some eye-candy...just a wee bit of what I've been working on! Hope to see you this weekend. Sarah











No comments:

Post a Comment