Important Brown Dog Studio Tidbits

Thursday, September 23, 2021

New Website, New Blog...er Stories


Hello Friends,

I recently made the switch I've been talking about for over a year...the switch to a new, updated website. After an extended period trying to differentiate between "old website" and "new website", it's a done deal. And now I find myself talking new-old blog...how did I end up with this new-old comparison again?

The new website (oh no, not again!) is really just a different platform/host. You still find it at browndogjewelry.com (did I ever tell the story of WHY I couldn't get the name that actually matches the studio name? You'll just have to take my word for the fact that I managed to go about many things out of order 17 years ago...).

I have blog posts on this site from 11 years ago. I've had little issues with it over the past few years. I happened to notice awhile back that the template I was using was no longer supported and had to quickly figure out how to give it an update. Also, there is no longer the easy access to adding comments that was part of the fun when we started this adventure. I plan to keep this blog alive in an "archived" state. It's my goal to pop in and check up on it to make sure it hasn't become a mess. I will also try to keep the sidebar with my events updated for where to find and shop the studio. 

The new platform/website will continue to be linked to this archived blog, but all new Stories will be added to the new site... https://www.browndogjewelry.com/s/stories

I hope you will join me over on the new space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment