Important Brown Dog Studio Tidbits

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July

The meaning of this day can get lost in all of the hoop-la...
Amidst family gatherings, planning a cookout and letting the young-uns set off a few displays, I get caught up in all the little things...until I have my "duh-moment" and put it all into perspective.

This year, with our eldest away for the summer (the baby we brought home from the hospital on the 4th to the neighborhood block party taking place on OUR front lawn, 19 years ago...that's how we met our new neighbors!), I've been more thoughtful. It helps that the hymn selections on Sunday were patriotic classics and I took time to really listen to those beautiful words and think about all of the veterans in the pews (and not) who helped keep my loved ones safe and free.

a very heart-felt thank you...

I will be at the Piedmont Market twice this month...
This coming Saturday, July 7th from 8-noon
and then July 21st.
I'm bringing special orders for several people. If you wonder if yours will be there, feel free to e-mail me :)
Due to the rain-out during my last appearance at the Market, I'll also have one basket of the $5 sale charms in addition to all sorts of regular inventory goodies.

See you there, and have a safe Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment