Important Brown Dog Studio Tidbits

Monday, July 19, 2010

very busy...do you like pie?

I made oh-so-many charms this week! After lamenting my lack of studio-time, I looked at what came out of the studio this week and proclaimed, "Hooray!"


Many of this week's charms were results of YOUR requests or things we laughed about and later I said..."um, THAT could be pretty."
I had lots of requests for scrapbook charms...these are just a few!
Crowns, tiaras...WITH glitter were already on my to-dos, but when Amy and friends mentioned FROGS and crowns, I came up with some of these:) The backs are even funnier!
I spent 2 glorious days being creative, witty (in my mind, don't burst my bubble!) without worrying about making lots...the results were many FAIRIES... scrapbook,
chocolate, cupcake, more coffee...AND...PIE!!!! Anyone who's talked to me knows my love of CAKE...(click to view photos!)...but it took some Saturday mornings at the Piedmont Market with Mary Helen and some conversations with Lucy and family to remind me "I'm a PIE GIRL at heart! Can't have pie in the fridge that the kids and I aren't fighting over who gets it for breakfast!" So here are a few charms in my tribute to PIE!
If you've made it through this LENGTHY entry, you deserve to enter my give-away this week...are you a PIE girl or do you flip for CAKE? Comment here or on my studio FACEBOOK page and you'll be entered to win a fee $12 glass charm. Check back on Friday to see if you're the random winner. If you really want me to dream of sweet treats while I'm working on oh-so-many more charms this week, tell me your FAVORITES...Yum!

11 comments:

  1. Give me pie any day over cake!!!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! I can't wait to come on over and get a couple of those charms! I love all of them! Hard to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah Amy, I knew you would:) I'll be working on your photo this week and then we'll talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara,
    I was wondering if you were able to get any of my custom pieces get. (mother teresa and saint felicity) It looks like you have been pretty busy. If you haven't that is ok. I just thought I would check in.

    Thanks a lot,
    Windy Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your two charms are done and beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had a piece of one of my favorite pies at the north Stauffer's. It was gooseberry today! Tart yet sweet (with a few cups of sugar, I'm sure!). I'll take pie any day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine's a toss-up between an apple "slab pie", complete with drizzled glaze or rhubarb pie! But I do love a dense chocolate/coffee cake...oooh the choices...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great!!! I can't wait to see them :) When would be a good time to come and get them? My e-mail is m_wtaylor@live.com if you would like to send the information there!!! Thanks so much. Could you add what I owe you that way I will come with the right amount. Talk with you soon. Windy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new charms! And I'm definitely a cake person! Although, some cute ice cream charms might suit me even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy says..."Some of my favorite things to draw are cupcakes and ice-creams cones (they are also some of my favorite things to eat).
    However my mom makes a very delicious apple pie that is also one of my favorites...yum!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute stuff that you're creating over here! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment :) i appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete