Important Brown Dog Studio Tidbits

Wednesday, January 22, 2020


It has been nearly 4 years since I last posted on the studio's blog...the blog that was my first foray into putting the studio online...before Facebook, Instagram, my website (which also needs to undergo a bit of transformation!).

I originally meant for this blog to be a landing place for anyone who wanted to get to know ME, the artist behind Brown Dog Studio...to learn a bit about what I do in the studio, HOW I create, my goals, how life sometimes gets in the way or inspires (2019 for me and the studio...for anyone wondering!).

And a WISE mentor (specifically for artists) brought up the B-word this week...BLOG...oh my goodness. I had HAVE one of those, friends! A discussion in our artist group reminded me of how excited I was to write here. I've been reflecting on WHY I let the blog fall off...it was when I tried to make it my website and it just.didn't.work. (duh!) in that capacity. I lost sight of the friendliness of my blog...and THAT'S what is making it all the more appealing right now! Now if I can just figure out the HOW of a few things on this blog...like WHERE is the setting for changing my sidebar profile? But the dates for upcoming shows HAVE been updated and are correct!

So...here's the friendly scoop for my studio friends...

We made it through kid graduation, house on market, FAST house sale, EVEN FASTER closing date,  last kid moving to college, US moving to apartment next day, storage unit, STUDIO in a rental, house build, move NUMBER TWO, Studio Christmas Trunk Show in 2 locations, Christmas...and now, the grand finale...studio move into my NEW GLORIOUS STUDIO (which was how Todd got me to go through all of the rest!!!).

I am now organizing the studio and it's getting to the point that I can create for a few days this week on my workbench, getting ready for a Valentine's edition update on the website. There's still a great bit to do to make it feel like me AND...get it ready for my first Trunk Show in my new digs!  Looking at March for the fun to begin. The studio will be my workspace, classroom setting, and will hold most of my 5-6 times a year trunk shows.

I'll be listing studio travels as I get more details.

Next posting...Updates for 2020 and studio emails...


No comments:

Post a Comment